Final Fantasy 7

I've been playing video games since I was around 4 years old, but they were mostly for educational purposes. There were a lot of problem solving games or games about math or Carmen Sandiego. We got a Wii when I was seven years old. It was for Christmas that year and my sister and I had a lot of fun playing the three games we got with it: Wii Sports, Wii Party, and Lego Star Wars, The Complete Saga. It was always a fun hobby, playing video games with my family and later by myself. I still play Wizard 101 even though my account has been around for over 8 years now. My love for games isn't competitive, I like to play games with friends casually and enjoy story-based games more.

Over the years, I've played a lot of games as you can tell, but one of my favorites that I've only recently finished is Final Fantasy 7 remake. It's only the second Final Fantasy game I have ever played after Final Fantasy 15. It's been fun to see these characters I hear so much about in the actual game with my own eyes. The game is so much fun, there's ups and downs, personal connections with the characters and how they interact with the rest of the story. It was a journey the game took me through was beyond fun, I really loved it. I know other people would likely criticize me for not playing the original but I don't have the patience to figure out how to do that on newer consoles, nor do I really care about what other people think is good when it comes videogames.

I watched the movie, Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, several years ago and a few times since then. It's been somethings I've loved for a long time, even if I didn't know the game or lore behind it as a child. This series fueled me and my loved for the high-tech sci-fi genre that continues to live on. The graphics of the new game far exceeded my expectations too, though I hadn't played many games in any similar style before. The lore was amazing, the colors and scenery too, everything felt as if it belongs in this world they built to seem so effortless and flawless. I just loved playing it and knowing it was more than I could have ever expected in a game.

Comments